What is Personal Data?
Para os efeitos desta Política de Privacidade, “Dados Pessoais” significam informações sobre um indivíduo identificável.
What type of Personal Data do we collect?
When using our Platform, we collect certain data about you and your use of the Platform. The data we collect falls into three different categories: (a) information you provide to us; (b) information that we automatically collect from you when you use our Platform; and (c) information we collect from our partners and other sources.
- Information you provide us
Wiselife® may collect the information you provide directly to Wiselife and/or its service providers (the “Service Providers”) when using our Platform. This includes, without limitation:
- Personal Data you provide when you create an account (the “Account”) or register on the Platform. When you create an Account, we ask for Personal Information, which may include your first and last name, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone number, address and tax identification number. After completing the registration process, you can, at any time, enter additional information in your profile, including usual medication, list of health problems, habits such as consumption of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, medicines or natural products, use of screens, practice of physical activity, diet, as well as other interests and hobbies. Providing additional information is entirely optional, this information is used to select the most relevant content for you.
- The platform allows you to enter information about your family members in your profile. For each member of your family, you can enter the data name, date of birth, gender, address, usual medication, list of health problems, habits such as consumption of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, medicines or natural products, use of screens, practice of physical activity, diet, as well as other interests and hobbies. Providing additional information is entirely optional and this information is used to select the most relevant content for you.
- The information shared in your file is only available to the account holder. The information is used by Wiselife® to select content or services and present content relevant to your profile.
Wiselife® collects the Personal Data you provide when you update your Account, as well as the Personal Data you provide when participating in a survey or promotion.
- Information collected automatically
Wiselife®, its Service Providers, and/or Wiselife® partners or affiliates may automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Platform (“Usage Data”). Usage data may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Platform, and data relating to network-related hardware (eg computer or mobile device).
Methods that can be used on the Platform to collect Usage Data include:
- Registration information: registration information is data about your use of the Platform, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, reference/exit pages, date/time stamps and related data, and can be saved in log files.
- Information Collected by Location Technologies: Location identification technologies, authentication device, and other present and future-developed location technologies (“Location Technologies”) may be used to gather information about interactions with the Platform.
- Location Identification Technologies: Global Positioning Systems (GPS) software, geo-filtering, and other location sensing technologies locates you (sometimes accurately) for the purpose of verifying your location, and transmits or restricts content based on the your location.
- Authentication Devices: An authentication device is a unique identifier issued by your mobile device’s operating system. You can subscribe to “push notification” messages through the Platform. To ensure messages get to the correct device, we rely on a unique authentication device for your mobile device. Although we may access a list of authentication devices, the application and authentication devices do not reveal your identity, unique device identity or contact information to us.
- Some information about your use of the Platform may be collected through Location Technologies at various times and through various services, and used by Wiselife® and third parties to make the Platform available.
- Information that Wiselife® collects from partners and other sources
We may collect Personal Data that you have provided to our affiliates, business partners and/or companies related to Wiselife® for the purposes set out below. Wiselife® is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third parties or for the policies or practices of third parties. As a general rule, Wiselife® collects Personal Data directly from you. If any third parties are in possession of the information that Wiselife® requires, we will make every effort to ensure that the information has been collected with your consent.
Specifically, we may collect and use Personal Data that is aggregated and anonymized (the “Analytical Information”) from our affiliates, business partners and/or companies related to Wiselife®, for various commercial purposes, including without limitation, to enable us to make available the Platform. This Analytical Information, being aggregated and anonymized, is no longer considered Personal Data, as it can be used, alone or together, with other information, to identify an individual. We may use this Analytical Information in a variety of ways, including to help us analyze website traffic, understand user needs and trends, and to improve our products and services. We may use this information in isolation or aggregate it with other information that we have obtained from third parties.
In addition, we may use, transfer, rent, sell or otherwise market the Analytical Information for any and all purposes, without notice and without any obligation to you, provided that the Analytical Information does not indicate your identity and cannot be used, alone or in conjunction with other information to determine your identity. You will not have any rights arising from the creation, collection or use of the Analytical Information.
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data for purposes relating to the management and development of our business and operations, including, without limitation, for:
- Establish, manage and terminate business relationships with you.
- Review the products and services that we provide to you or that you provide to us.
- Communicate and send selected healthcare-related information that interests you, including newsletters, alerts and notifications.
- Inform you of our products and services other than those specifically requested by you.
- Identify and analyze trends and patterns related to our activity and operations for purposes related to market research.
- Make the Platform available to you.
- Create aggregated information or Analytical Information that does not identify you individually.
- Comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements.
- Any other reasonable purpose for which you consent.
In addition to the foregoing, we may also use and disclose your Personal Data for other purposes, which will be indicated prior to the time of collection.
How will we use your Personal Data?
We may also use your Personal Data to investigate security breaches or collaborate with government authorities on legal matters.
Wiselife® is committed to complying with the European Anti-Spam Legislation. In the case of personal contact information provided in conjunction with any newsletter or other marketing initiatives, you may withdraw your consent to receive such communications and unsubscribe from any Wiselife® subscriptions at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer (” RPD”) and using the contact information provided below. In addition, any electronic commercial communications sent by Wiselife® that you have subscribed to will contain the mechanism to unsubscribe.
If you decide to invite a friend or family member to use the Platform through our Invite feature, we will collect your name, telephone number and email address, as well as the recipient’s name, telephone number and email address. We will automatically send your guest an email and SMS simultaneously inviting him/her to use the Platform. We do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without your or the recipient’s consent. To ensure compliance with your obligations under European anti-spam legislation, you must ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who wish to receive your message.
We reserve the right to send you transactional or informational emails, such as customer service emails, regarding products you have referred to use or website or policy changes.
How are your Personal Data disclosed?
In addition to the purposes described above, we may disclose Personal Data for purposes related to:
- Management and development of Wiselife® activities and operations
- Management of your Account.
- Availability of the Platform.
- Creating and maintaining a responsible business relationship with you.
- Creating aggregated information or Analytical Information that does not identify you individually.
- Communication with you on topics related to your Account, the Platform, and other matters related to Wiselife®.
- Information about our products and services beyond those specifically requested by you.
- Identification and analysis of trends and patterns related to our activities and operations for purposes related to market studies.
- Interaction with you on social media.
- And other purposes indicated when collecting Personal Data, or as permitted or required by law.
Personal Data is disclosed to third parties for the purposes described above, including without limitation:
- Third party service providers, affiliates and associated companies, including an organization or individual that Wiselife® uses to perform functions on its behalf.
- Any third party, when you give your consent to such disclosure or when disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We may, on rare occasions, use or disclose your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Wiselife® may share or sell aggregated, unidentified, non-identifying data with partners and the public in a variety of ways. When we provide this information, we guarantee that the data does not identify you and cannot be associated with you.
Notification concerning international service providers
To ask any questions or to obtain written information about Wiselife®’s policies and practices regarding these service providers, you may write to our RPD at the address given below in the “How to contact us?” section.
How does Wiselife® obtain consent?
You may change or cancel your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and upon reasonable notice, by contacting our RPD office using the contact information provided below. In some circumstances, a change or withdrawal of consent may limit our ability to provide you with products or services or to purchase products or services from you.
How does Wiselife® protect Personal Data?
Wiselife® will protect Personal Data using methods that are appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the information. Specifically, it takes the following steps to protect any Personal Data it collects:
- Protection of the confidentiality of all Personal Data when dealing internally or externally with other organizations.
- Protection of all Personal Data with appropriate and effective security, including physical, administrative and technological security measures, against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or destruction, regardless of the format in which the Personal Data is find.
How does Wiselife® store Personal Data?
Wiselife® collects and stores your information on secure servers in the European Union. If you are one of our foreign visitors, your data may be collected and stored on secure external servers that comply with your country’s laws and policies.
How to fix incorrect Personal Data?
It is important that any Personal Data about you held by Wiselife® is correct and up to date. Wiselife® requires that you keep us informed of changes in Personal Data. You can rectify any inaccuracies by accessing and modifying the information provided in your Account.
How does Wiselife® retain Personal Data?
Wiselife® retains Personal Data in accordance with its legal or business practices. We retain your Personal Data for up to one year after you cease to be an active user of the Wiselife® Platform. You will be considered an inactive user after one year without activity on the Platform, counting from the date of your last access. When Personal Data is no longer necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected and it is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or commercial purposes, it is securely destroyed or anonymized.
How to access your Personal Data?
Any data you provide to Wiselife® can be accessed and modified from your Account. Backup copies of this data will continue to be associated with your Account on our file servers until they are deleted in accordance with our data retention schedule.
You may also ask to see the Personal Data we hold about you. If you wish to review, verify or correct your Personal Data, please contact our RPD using the contact information provided below. Please note that these communications must be in writing.
When making a request for access, we may need specific information to confirm your identity and right of access, and also to search for and provide you with the Personal Data we hold about you. If you need assistance in preparing your claim, please contact our RPD.
In the case of personal data shared with your consent, you can ask Wiselife® to provide you with a copy of them in a format recognizable by machine normally used. You can also ask Wiselife®, if technically possible, to send this information to other data processors.
It is possible that Wiselife® may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Data, in situations where this refusal is permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. Wiselife® will inform you of the reasons why, in accordance with any legal or regulatory restrictions, access was refused.
User-supplied case information
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when using our Platform. This may include information present in or about the content you provide (such as metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. You can also include what you see through the features we provide, such as a camera. Our systems automatically handle the content and communications you provide, to analyze their context and subject matter.
As a user, you have certain obligations towards other users with whom you communicate. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulation, and others have become common in convivial member communities:
- You may not download or otherwise disclose any information that could be considered libelous, defamatory, violent, offensive, racist, sexist or xenophobic, or that would otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of Wiselife® and its user community.
- You may not provide information to Wiselife® and/or other users that you believe may be injurious or harmful to your personal, professional or social status.
- You cannot use our invitation and secure communication system for commercial purposes. If we become aware that a user is engaged in harassing, defrauding or spamming other members, that user will be removed or suspended from the network, at our sole discretion.
- Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or cancellation of your Account by Wiselife®, as we take these principles seriously and consider them to be the basis of our users’ adherence to the Platform.
How do you deactivate your Account?
You can deactivate your Account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In doing so, data that can identify you is removed from the Account, including without limitation, your email address, name, birth date and photograph. Backup copies of this data are removed from our servers based on an automatic calendar, which means they can remain in our archive for a maximum of thirty (30) days. Wiselife® may continue to use unidentified data.
How does Wiselife® handle complaints?
How does Wiselife® deal with children’s privacy?
How to contact us?
RPD: Ana Luís Pereira
E-mail address: email@example.com
Portuguese data protection supervisory body: National Data Protection Commission
Address: Rua de São Bento n.º 148-3º 1200-821 Lisbon, Portugal
Telephone number: +351 213928400
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last change: 10.07.2019